Thanks for your emails over the last few weeks about care of my jewellery.
I want you to enjoy and wear your Mairead deBlaca jewellery jfor many years to come. In order for it to continue to look its best you do need to look after your jewellery. My Irish jewellery is hand made in ireland in both silver and 9ct gold.
Here are some pointers on looking after all of your gold and silver jewellery:
- Some hair and skin products can react, causing the silver to tarnish and lose some of its shine.Everyday wear may speed up tarnishing especially on items like rings and bracelets which have lots of contact with the skin and external surfaces.
- Treat your jewellery with care, removing bracelets and rings when doing physical work, and avoid contact with perfumes creams and lotions.
- Hot weather and perspiration can also speed up the tarnishing process.
- Jewellery should always be taken off before the pool, shower, or sea.
- I would also recommend storing your jewellery in acid free tissue in a jewellery box when you are not wearing it.
- A Silver 'Dip' solution is a great way to clean silver pieces, although always make sure the jewellery is then rinsed thoroughly afterwards.
A simple way to clean jewellery is with warm soapy water and a really soft toothbrush. Then rinse well and pat dry with a soft cloth.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact me at Mairead@maireaddeblacajewellery.com