- James Augustine Aloysius Joyce was born on 2 February 1882 at 41 Brighton Square, Rathgar, Dublin.
- James Joyces' parents were John Stanislaus Joyce and Mary Jane Murray.
- James Joyce suffered from cynophobia (fear of dogs) as a result of being attacked by a dog when he was a child.
- He also suffered from astraphobia (fear of thunder and lightening)
- Joyce and his life partner and future wife Nora Barnacle had two children, Giorgio and Lucia.
- James and Nora and their children lived in various European cities including, Paris, Pola, Trieste, and Zurich.
- Joyce died at the age of 59 on 13 January 1941 in Zurich and is buried in Fluntern cemetery Zurich.
"Love loves to love love" James Joyce, Ulysses